Friday, September 05, 2008

On Palin


My quick thoughts:

I think Sarah Palin was an unnecessarily divisive selection. From a crossing the aisle, appealing to moderates candidate like McChronic, I expected someone less "Republican."

That being said, I think she was too sarcastic and used too many of the typical right-wing crazies' lines, things like “If Barack comes down from the heavens long enough to…” in her convention speech. I didn't appreciate the way she looked down on Community Organizers. And otherwise I thought it was pretty good.

I like that McCain proved that he knows it’s the 21st Century, and that women can/should be involved in politics. That's a big step for a 72+ year old, white, male, establishment man. After that I don’t like anything else about the pick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home