Monday, February 18, 2008

Just Words?

Hillary's campaign recently began implying that Barack was all talk, that she was the only candidate offering solutions.

This is an inane argument, an attempt to wipe away a significant challenger in one fell swoop. It's specious at best and stupid at worst, and we can all see right through it.

I imagine that the only people persuaded by Hillary's lines like this already support her anyway - these are the same people that would believe that she has really been working passionately for change every day for the last 35 years.

This is the most basic analogy I can make it - if you and I are both basketball players, and you have an amazing jump shot and I have a decent jump shot and can dunk the ball like the dickens, don't go criticizing me because I can dunk like a champ and you can't. If you start hollaring about how dunking is just flash and lacks substance and I need more meat on the bone, you would just look stupid. It's rather apparent that you're scared of the ability that I have and you don't.

That being said, this recent hubub about Barack giving a speech with similar lines to one previously delivered by Mass. Gov. Deval Patrick wouldn't even be an issue of both of their opponents hadn't first tried to level this disingenious and unconvincing argument against them during their campaigns. I think that is the point everyone is missing.

Regardless, this is just more Clinton crap. Everytime someone talks about wanting to be an 'agent of change' are they plagiarizing the person that said it first? What about 'strengthening the middle class'? Expect more of this, my friends.

It makes me wonder if instead of the old saying, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, the Clintons sit around and go if you can beat 'em, hammer them for it.

And just because I know you all love these pictures of Hillary, here she is again:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home